Voting in national, state, and local elections is critical to participate in our democracy and ensure that voices are heard. Below are some tools to help HPN members and their broader communities exercise their right to vote this year. The general election is November 8, 2022, and primary elections are occurring throughout the year.
Election procedures have changed over the last several years in many states, including dates for voter registration, mail in ballots, etc. Check https://866ourvote.org/states/ for current information on your state.
- Check your registration here.
- Personalized information on upcoming elections and candidates can be found on Vote 411 (en español).
HPN Member Resources
- Alliance for Justice’s Bolder Advocacy Presentation on Voter Engagement for 501c3s
- Alliance for Justice's Employee Leave Policy During Election Season
- Voter Engagement Member Spotlight: The Community Builders
- Voter Engagement Member Spotlight: HDC MidAtlantic
Election Day Resources
- Check Vote Riders to see if you will need identification to vote. Vote Riders can also help with obtaining documentation.
- When We All Vote put together a voter rights list that outlines your rights as a voter to combat potential voter suppression and confusion.
- Restore Your Vote helps people with felony convictions know if they have a right to vote in their state.
- U.S. Vote Foundation has a state-by-state chart on what voting options are available in your state. Remember to check with your state and county’s election office for specific dates and instructions.
- For same day voter registration information, visit NSCL’s page and check the map below.
(Image Source: National Conference of State Legislatures)