ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY The Vice President, Philanthropy has responsibility for leading the Housing Partnership Network’s efforts to raise grants and philanthropic equity from leading national foundations and financial institutions to support HPN’s social innovation, enterprise development and programmatic initiatives. The position reports to the President of Capital Markets, and is a key member of an integrated capital markets team that works across the HPN business platform to raise funds to support the organization’s business lines and operations. Philanthropic resources are often used in conjunction with private capital to leverage investment in HPN’s social enterprises and therefore a collaborative mindset is critical. In addition, the Vice President will also work with HPN’s CDFI President to develop grant applications for the Community Development Financial Institutions Fund, including the New Markets Tax Credit Program, to support HPN’s lending and investment activities. The position manages all of HPN’s ongoing funder relationships and reporting.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work in collaboration with the President of Capital Markets, HPN CEO, executive team members and business line leaders to develop and execute a plan to achieve HPN’s corporate fundraising goals and to raise specialized resources for HPN’s business lines, R&D activities and social innovation work.
- Work with the Capital Markets team to help devise and implement strategies to deepen, manage and develop relationships with philanthropically motivated impact investors to raise capital for HPN’s business lines and social enterprises.
- Lead the development and oversee the implementation of customized strategies for outreach, site visits, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of all prospects and donors.
- Ensure that there is a robust pipeline of new prospects for support through research, engagement with the HPN board of directors and members, and work with consultants and other individuals.
- Oversee all aspects of fundraising operations including the use of the Salesforce database for prospect and donor research and tracking, proposal and report development and submission, the coordination of acknowledgements, and other follow-up activities.
- Responsible for meeting, managing and monitoring HPN annual fundraising goals, working in partnership with the President of Capital Markets and the HPN Finance team.
- Supervise the Philanthropy Associate in the implementation of his/her responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and ten or more years of prior fundraising and project management experience in a high capacity nonprofit organization, financial institution or foundation with a proven track record of success.
- Masters or other graduate degree preferred but not required.
- Strong communications and excellent writing skills with an ability to craft high quality proposals, reports, donor correspondence and other fundraising materials.
- Experience with raising capital to support business lines or new product development, and demonstrated success working with foundations and financial institutions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to develop strong and productive relationships with donors, the HPN executive team, staff and board members, at the senior level of each.
- Exceptional organizational skills and an ability to juggle multiple priorities.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a demonstrated ability to plan and work independently and flexibly in a dynamic environment.
- Collaborative nature and ability to work within a team while maintaining accountability and responsibility for goals as an independent individual is critical.
- A clear commitment to and an appreciation for the work, mission and entrepreneurial culture of HPN, and the ability to articulate it eloquently.
- Some travel required
- Position is based in Boston, MA.
The position description is a guide to the critical duties and essential functions of the job, not an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, qualifications, physical demands and work environment conditions. Position descriptions are reviewed and revised to meet the Housing Partnership Network’s changing needs, at the sole discretion of management.
Link to apply - https://sforce.co/2JjUZAN