Startup Executive Director, Launchpad
Entrepreneurial senior manager with responsibility for directing an early stage non-profit collaborative and its flagship product, Launchpad: a Salesforce.com-based Client Management System (CMS) application for housing advisors, through the ramp-up phase.
This is a unique opportunity to shape the future of accessible homeownership in America in a meaningful way. As our first Executive Director, you’ll be empowered to lead the growth of Launchpad and drive our emergence as the universal technology platform for housing advisors and the mortgage industry, built to increase affordability for all homebuyers and homeowners. Launchpad operates like a startup—tech-focused, quick-moving, and nimble. Leading in a collaborative environment will be key to your success. Accordingly, you will have hands-on strategic and operational responsibility for all aspects of Launchpad and its staff, with a key focus and heavy emphasis on business development/sales activities and growing revenues quickly and urgently while effectively managing costs. You will monitor trends in mortgage/homeownership and housing services and technology and advise on business strategies. You will be the key relationship manager for the steering committee/board of directors, partners, customers, investors, and employees. You will develop financial and operations policies and procedures to ensure effective administration and an efficient and successful business. Lastly, you will set the vision for the company and be responsible for its ultimate success with all the required support of the HPN business enterprise platform.
You must be an inventive, collaborative, creative professional who thrives in the fast-paced environment of a start-up and working with a diverse range of stakeholders.
Vision and Planning
- Collaborate with the Steering Committee to develop a clear vision for the company.
- Create annual operating plans to support the strategic direction of the organization, including continual growth strategies and plans for organizational development.
- Advise the Steering Committee/Board on the impact of long range planning and introduction of new programs/strategies.
Marketing, Sales & Brand Management
- Market Launchpad to sector partners and customers to increase adoption.
- Bring in new sector partners.
- Build a strong Launchpad brand.
- Proactively project the Launchpad brand, through speaking at industry events, blog posts, social media as well as general communications and public relations.
- Conduct demos and training seminars as required.
- Ensure the organization’s products reflect customer demands and remain competitive in the marketplace.
- Manage Launchpad’s place in the overall homeownership services industry.
- Maintain knowledge of competitors and partners in our market.
- Continually research and connect with key players in the industry.
- Formulate and administer all sales policies, practices and procedures.
- Manage the overall sales process including forecasting, pricing and key account management.
- Identify new selling strategies and opportunities to increase revenue
- Track opportunities, maintain up-to-date account profiles, accurately and consistently forecast business outlook.
- Drive accountability for performance down to individual contributor level.
- Develop an annual budget that supports the operating plan of the organization.
- Manage operations to key targets and budgets. Manage revenue and expenses.
- Develop and implement investment and financing strategies to support the organization, maintaining consistent growth.
- Continually seek out new opportunities for investment
- Provide financial reports and analyses to the steering committee/board of directors monthly.
- Lead resource development efforts with key existing funding partners and develop new opportunities.
- Implement communications plan to keep shareholders and other investors continually informed. Articulate growth opportunities to potential new investors.
Business Planning & Capital Allocation
- Set “proof of concept” points for the company, and put key managers in place to hit those goals
- Determine the key drivers for Launchpad’s success, and ensure team manages these accordingly
- Adequately plan for development needs of the organization and its products and ensure there is sufficient capital to meet these needs and stay on top of the market.
- Using dashboards of these key success drivers, identify if a pivot to a new strategy is needed
Administration and Human Resources
- Oversee the overall operations of the organization.
- Ensure availability of employees, partners, and/or vendors to meet the needs of the organization.
- Create an environment and culture where the Launchpad team can succeed.
- Support diversity on the Launchpad team.
- Develop and ensure adherence to operational policies and procedures that are responsive to the growth of the organization.
- Optimize team fit to ensure it can execute company’s vision by recruiting prospective candidates, interviewing candidates, and successfully closing them.
Board Support and Leadership
- Help develop the formal and permanent organizational structure.
- Support the governance function and the steering committee and in the future, the board of directors.
- Ensure timely communication with the steering committee/board of directors.
- This position manages the organization’s executive team and is responsible for the performance management of that team.
Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors
- Our vision inspires you; you are committed to our mission.
- Have broad experience managing or leading the full range of business functions and systems, including strategic development and planning, budgeting, business analysis, finance information systems, and marketing.
- Experience in similar industry and working knowledge of the homeownership space, housing counseling and/or CRM technology
- Experience with scaling a business from start-up phase to profitability a plus
- Highly entrepreneurial and results-oriented
- Collaborative by nature and sensitive to unique culture of non-profit environments
- Empathetic, supportive supervisor, and enjoy building the best teams that play to individual strengths.
- Passion for engaging with diverse groups of people and an ability to adapt your leadership and communication style accordingly.
- Not afraid of a constantly changing, somewhat unpredictable, and very fast-paced environment.
- Understand how to leverage technology to support a complex and changing organization.
- Outstanding tactical execution skills
- Strategic thinker, strong analytical skills, excellent communication and presentation skills
- A comfortable familiarity with contracts and negotiations
- High level proficiency with MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word required
- MBA (Marketing & Sales) desired and/or equivalent work experience
Housing Partnership Network’s EVP-COO, with “dotted line” reporting to Launchpad Steering Committee/Board of Directors.
This is an exempt position.
This job is in a professional office environment. Routine use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets is required.
Frequent travel, occasionally up to 3 times a month, is required, including overnight travel for up to 4 days at a time.
This position requires the employee to work in an office environment. It requires the ability to speak and hear in person, over the phone, and in settings where there are groups of people. It requires the ability to travel to a variety of meeting locations including via planes.
To apply, click here.