Director of Customer Service, Launchpad
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION
In collaboration with industry partners and practitioners, Housing Partnership Network is building a new technology platform for housing advisors. Our collective vision is to create a new ecosystem that links consumers to advisors to lending partners, streamlining the experience for consumers, increasing their access to affordable mortgage products, and creating a mechanism for counseling agencies to generate revenue for their invaluable services. This is a unique opportunity to work with leaders in the industry and shape the future of homeownership in America in a meaningful way.
The Director of Customer Service leads and manages a skilled customer service team and develops policies, procedures and strategies to maintain a consistently exceptional customer experience as we roll out our flagship product, Launchpad: a Salesforce.com-based Client Management System (CMS) application for housing advisors. The candidate must be an inventive, collaborative self-starter who thrives in the creative and fast-paced environment of a start-up and enjoys working with a diverse range of stakeholders. This position will temporarily report to the Director, Consumer Empowerment & Homeownership Pathways and will permanently report to the Executive Director, Launchpad.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop policies and procedures for customer support with input from team members.
- Lead the customer service team to ensure a consistently high-quality experience for the customer.
- Answer customer calls and respond to customer emails while the product is in its pilot phase.
- Provide technical support to customers.
- Keep records of customer interactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken.
- Communicate with management when customer issues relate to problems with the course architecture. Escalate to Tier 2/3 support when necessary.
- Utilize customer service software (e.g. Zendesk) to investigate and resolve user issues.
- Analyze support statistics, compile reports, make recommendations based on analysis.
- Identify support trends for ongoing product updates and improvements.
- Identify and assess customers’ needs to achieve satisfaction.
- Maintain broad knowledge of partner agencies and their use of Launchpad.
- Serve as primary liaison and manage relationship with third party vendor providing Tier 2 and Tier 3 application support.
- Work collaboratively with all team members to continually improve the Launchpad user experience.
- Complete other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in information systems, business administration or related field.
- 5-10 years of management experience.
- Must care about the customer experience.
- Experience with help desk, call center or customer support roles.
- Understand and value the importance of the intersection of human experience and technology.
- Have strong interpersonal communication skills, particularly in interacting with people on the telephone. Call center or comparable experience preferred.
- Proven track record of improving processes for maximal efficiency and work flow.
- Systematic and technically thorough; accuracy and attention to detail is required.
- Highly self-motivated with excellent problem solving skills and ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities in a positive, focused manner.
- Well-organized with strong project management skills; the ability to manage a workload involving multiple activities, tight deadlines, and stakeholders.
- Strong technology skills, including high technical literacy, the ability to quickly learn and navigate multiple new applications and tools.
- At least a working knowledge of Salesforce.com and other CRMs.
- Experience with Zendesk or similar tool preferred.
- Act with tact and diplomacy under all circumstances, and remain composed under stress.
- Ability and desire to work in a team environment, with team members locally and in remote locations.
- Comfortable with the unpredictable: we are constantly changing and evolving.
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
- Some travel may be required.
- Position is based in Eastern time zone.
Link to apply: http://bit.ly/2Dy7XJO