Desktop Support Coordinator
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION:
As an associate, you will be part of the IS team who provide in-house technical PC hardware and software support to more than 40 employees. You will respond to user calls/trouble reports and work with employees to troubleshoot the nature of the problem and take the necessary course of action to resolve it. You may also act as project manager to implement/migrate new IT infrastructure and services and upgrade applications as needed.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Respond to associate service calls to troubleshoot the nature of reported problems and take necessary steps to resolve those problems.
- Image and configure laptops for new hires and current staff upgrades with required software and settings.
- Workstation setup and moves as needed for new and current employees.
- Track work tickets via ticket management system.
- Work with different teams and projects that require technical help as needed.
- Troubleshoot tickets for various software/hardware and assign to appropriate IS team member if needed.
- Troubleshoot AV and telephony as needed.
- Communicate with vendors for purchasing of hardware, software, and other services. Decide on the best options as needed.
- Manage inventory for all HPN’s hardware, and software licenses, etc. Recycle and donate hardware as needed.
- Provide software support for industry standard applications, operating systems, end-user databases, and utilities.
- Deploy software patches and installations through PDQ Deploy or SCCM.s
- Assist with the development and implementation of policies and procedures consistent with those of the organization to ensure efficient and safe operation of the department.
- Provide advice and assistance to Director of IS in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of modifications to existing desktop support policies, standards, and procedures.
- Review and evaluate computer software and hardware making recommendations, as appropriate.
- Act as project manager for software upgrades, migration to new IT infrastructure, and current system enhancements, etc. Develop project plan and execute on the project plan.
- Act as system admin to managing users in Active Directory, Office 365 services, Salesforce and other applications.
- Associate/Bachelors or equivalent experience in IT and related field preferred
- Experience with Windows and MAC OS systems
- Great verbal and written communication skills, independent, self-starter attitude, and fast learner
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment, experience organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments
- Hands on experience with PC operations, preferred
- Minimum of 3 years experiences with various type of software
- Experience working on multiple projects of varying degrees of complexity
- Knowledge of Active Directory, networking concepts, Office 365 products and services, VoIP, remote support, imaging, AV
- Exposure to Salesforce and Marketing Cloud preferred
- Certifications in IT preferred (A+, MCP)
- Occasional travel may be required
- Position is based in Boston, MA
To apply, click here.