Associate, Philanthropic Equity
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Under the supervision and direction of the VP, Philanthropy, the Associate, Philanthropy is responsible for assisting with the successful completion of the philanthropic fundraising cycle, from cultivation to stewardship. These responsibilities include assisting in marketing and communications outreach to donors and prospects as well as creating, assembling, submitting, reporting, acknowledging, and tracking in the Salesforce database all grants and investments managed by the HPN Philanthropy team (the Philanthropy team is responsible for raising private philanthropic capital for HPN and its portfolio of social enterprises).
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work as a member of the Capital Markets team to meet the various capital and philanthropic needs of HPN, its members, and their portfolio of social enterprises.
- Assist in the development of grant proposals while working with relevant HPN program staff.
- Write and prepare compelling stories, grant budgets, and reports to convey the impact of HPN for submission to national foundations and corporations as well as other institutional investors.
- Assist in the preparation and timely submission of reports to foundations, donors and investors.
- Conduct research on foundations, corporations, high net worth individuals, and institutional investors.
- Schedule and manage internal meetings as necessary.
- Manage the philanthropic prospect pipeline and historical data using Salesforce.
- Maintain proposal and reporting calendar.
- Prepare for meetings and make travel arrangements as necessary to achieve the goals of the Philanthropy team.
- Assist with other fundraising and Capital Markets projects as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 0-4 years’ work experience in related field, exceptional entry-level candidates will be considered
- Exquisite attention to detail and commitment to outstanding project management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A strong interest in the mission of HPN and its capital markets team
- Experience in database management, familiarity with Salesforce a plus
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and exercise independent action
- Ability to work independently with staff at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Position is based in Boston, MA
- Minimal travel required