About DreamKey Partners
Mission: Transforming lives, communities and what is possible through affordable housing.
Vision: Thriving communities where everyone has a chance to succeed.
At DreamKey Partners (formerly Charlotte-Mecklenburg Housing Partnership), we approach the affordable housing crisis holistically—that is, we don’t just build affordable housing and call it a day. We remain invested throughout the entire journey, and our touchpoints are deep. From the outset, we learn before we act. We dig into the hearts of the neighborhoods—we talk and partner with residents, government and community leaders, builders/contractors, lenders, and other nonprofit organizations and foundations. We are equipped to develop affordable housing solutions that make sustainable sense for people and neighborhoods.
We value fairness and celebrate differences, for everyone. Race, equity, diversity and inclusion are central to our core values and commitment to representing the families and communities we serve. We recognize the power of our people and appreciate our differences in thought, style, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, physical ability, culture, ethnicity and experience. It is the foundation for everything we do.
Affordable Housing Development
• Build and/or acquire affordable apartment communities
• Build and/or rehab affordable for-sale homes including single family, townhomes, duplex/triplex
• Manage affordable rental property portfolio
• Deliver homeownership education and HUD-certified counseling
• Provide homebuyer down payment assistance and loans
• Administer rent, utility, mortgage and hotel payment assistance for families impacted by COVID-19
Community Engagement, Economic Development
• Support community-based resident and leadership training
• Engage neighborhood leaders and residents to help address housing needs and market opportunities including grocery, healthcare and pharmacy
• Inspire community building by leading efforts in disinvested corridors through acquisition and development
- Housing and/or Financial Counseling
- Other Community and Economic Development
Housing Development & Rehabilitation
- Single-Family For-Sale Development
- Multi-Family For-Sale Development
- Multi-Family Rental Development
- Asset Management
Property Management & Resident Programs
- Property Management
- Resident Services
Debt & Equity Investing
- Consumer Mortgage Lending