About Community Development Corporation of Utah
Community Development Corporation of Utah (CDCU) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that was founded in 1990 originally to provide relief for distressed neighborhoods in Salt Lake City. With a focus on housing stability, CDCU builds new single- and multi-family homes, rehabilitates and preserves affordable housing, is a leading homeownership advising provider, and revitalizes neighborhoods around the state.
Vision - CDCU assists in alleviating the burdens of poverty and financial insecurity so that all Utahns can develop their full potential.
Mission CDCU strengthens our communities by empowering all Utahns through access to affordable housing and financial security.
CDCU provides the following services:
We achieve this by:
1. Increasing financial knowledge, skills, and opportunities.
2. Developing and preserving affordable homes and rental units.
3. Providing loan products that are accessible to lower income Utahns.
4. Bringing together public and private resources to build sustainable communities.
- Housing and/or Financial Counseling
- Other Community and Economic Development
Housing Development & Rehabilitation
- Single-Family For-Sale Development
- Multi-Family For-Sale Development
- Multi-Family Rental Development
Property Management & Resident Programs
- Resident Services
Debt & Equity Investing
- Consumer Mortgage Lending