About BlueHub Capital
BlueHub Capital—formerly known as Boston Community Capital—is a community development financial institution whose mission is to build healthy communities where low-income people live and work.
Our mission is grounded in the belief that everyone, including and especially low-income people, is entitled to live in a safe and economically vibrant neighborhood that offers affordable and stable housing, good jobs and high-quality schools and services. We accomplish this mission by providing financing for many of the essential elements that constitute a healthy community - housing, education, healthcare, healthy food access, and economic and environmental vitality.
The low-income people BlueHub was founded to serve are disproportionately people of color and women. Reducing this enduring economic inequality is at the heart of why we do the work that we do.
Since 1985, we have invested over $2.2 billion in financing to projects and businesses that provide affordable housing, good jobs, and new opportunities for underserved people and communities, connecting these neighborhoods to the financial resources they need to thrive. The impact of our loans and investments includes:
- Affordable Housing: 26,500+ affordable housing units built, preserved, or enhanced
- Childcare: 19,700+ children served in childcare facilities
- Education: 54,000+ students served by schools and youth programs
- Healthcare: 197,700+ patients receiving care in state-of-the-art healthcare facilities
- Commercial Real Estate and Community Facilities: 6.5M+ square feet of new and renovated commercial real estate and community facilities
- Clean & Affordable Energy: 57M+ Kilowatt Hours of solar electricity generated annually (equivalent to taking more than 1,000 cars off the road each year)
- Foreclosure Prevention: 1,170+ household evictions prevented by helping foreclosed homeowners
- Housing and/or Financial Counseling
- Other Community and Economic Development
Debt & Equity Investing
- Commercial and/or Development Lending
- Consumer Mortgage Lending